About The Class
The Positive Discipline program was developed to help parents discuss different parenting situations and find help through the many topics covered in class. Topics covered in the program include sibling rivalry, not finishing homework or chores, preventing power struggles, overcoming child’s bad habits, helping children develop positive life skills in the long term, discipline application guidance, anger issues, and increasing a child’s independence among others.
Parents can choose to pay for the full course up front ($125) or pay for each part of the course in smaller payments ($50). All parents are encouraged to participate in the course together. The price of the course includes the course materials (see below).
Dates and Location
All classes will be held at Aspen Grove Family Therapy’s conference room (451 Eastland Drive, Suite 1, Twin Falls, ID 83301).
Classes are held every Monday between 6pm and 8pm starting April 12, 2021 (except for Memorial Day).
The dates for each part are detailed below:
Part 01 (Introduction to Positive Discipline Theory) –
- The Positive Discipline Difference – Monday, April 12, 2021
- Beliefs Behind Misbehavior – Monday, April 19, 2021
- Solution Finding vs. Punishment – Monday, April 26, 2021
Part 02 (Positive Discipline Techniques) –
- Using Time-Out Effectively – Monday, May 03, 2021
- Using Encouragement – Monday, May 10, 2021
- The Power of Family Routines – Monday, May 17, 2021
Part 03 (Troubleshooting Difficult Situations) –
- “Top Card” – Monday, May 24, 2021
- “Positive Discipline Tools” – Monday, June 07, 2021
- Parent Choice – Monday, June 14, 2021
Each “parent group” will receive a Positive Discipline book as well as “Tool Cards”. The value of these materials is a total of $25.