Introduction to Child-Parent Relationship Training
Child Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT) is a model of filial play therapy based on child-centered play therapy. CPRT is an evidence-based intervention that is effective for treating children experiencing social, emotional, and behavioral difficulties. Parents are taught how to therapeutically play with children to enhance parent-child communication and relationship dynamics. Therapists who use this intervention didactically teach parents, and process emotional difficulties with parents in order to facilitate a healing relationship between the parent and child.
This workshop focuses on goals, principles, methods, and skills utilized in CPRT. It will start take place on June 13, 2020 starting at 9am and ending at 5pm. The training will be located in Twin Falls, ID, specifics coming soon!
This training is for psychologists, social workers, counselors, school counselors, psychiatrists, family therapists, and other experienced professionals who work with children and families. In order to ensure quality education, each training will be capped at 25 participants, with a minimum of 10 participants. If the training fills up, your name/registration will be added to a waitlist in case there are any cancellations.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will:
- Have an understanding of the history of fillial play therapy.
- Understand the fundamental differences between fillial play therapy and CPRT.
- Review key research findings in support of CPRT as an evidence-based intervention.
- Understand the basic structure and timeline of CPRT.
- Be introduced to the basic skills of Tracking, Limit Setting, and Choice Giving.
- Demonstrate through role-play the skills of Tracking, Limit Setting, and Choice Giving.
- Understand the ethical use of CPRT within the context of ones profession.
- Understand how to present CPRT as an intervention to parents.
Total registration fee is $225. Price breakdown is as follows:
- 6 hours of CE’s for the Association for Play Therapy ($150 value).
- CPRT Treatment Manual ($36 value). If you buy the book yourself, deduct $36 from fee. Use coupon code NO_BOOK at checkout (Coupon code is only valid for individual registrants).
- 6 hours of Licensure CE’s ($39 value). If you don’t want Licensure CE’s, deduct $39 from fee. Use coupon code CE_LESS at checkout (Coupon code is only valid for individual registrants).
Group Registration (minimum of four or more) – $200/person (includes price of Book and Licensure CE’s)
Early Bird Individual Registration (before April 30, 2020) – $180 (includes price of Book and Licensure CE’s)
Early Bird Group Registration (for groups of four or more, before April 30, 2020) – $160/person
Student discount – 15% per person (Coupon code is only valid for individual registrants). Must email proof of student status in order to receive coupon code.
As part of this course each participant will need to have a copy of the CPRT Treatment Manual (click here). If you purchase the book yourself, you can deduct the price of the book off of the workshop at checkout using coupon code NO_BOOK. If you choose to use the coupon code but do not have a copy of this book with you at the training, you will need to purchase a copy with cash in order to ensure you have a positive experience.
The Center for Play Therapy at the University of North Texas, has started teaching a course to enable participants to call themselves a “Certified CPRT Practitioner”. This training will NOT fulfill any education requirements for that certification. For more information on this certification, see the UNT website (click here). While participants of this workshop will not be able to call themselves “Certified”, you will get APT CE credit, and will be able to use CPRT with clients in a variety of settings!
$100 of the registration fee is nonrefundable. Registrations are on a firstcome- first-served basis. Fees include 6 hours of training, books, training booklet, snacks, and supervision. Written cancellations received 4+ weeks prior to the training will receive the balance of the fees refunded. Cancellations received within 4 weeks of the training will forfeit a total of $175, with the remainder being refunded. Unfortunately, refunds cannot be given within the final week leading up to the training. In the unlikely event that the training is cancelled by the presenter, a full refund will be provided, or credit will be applied toward future or recorded training’s; whichever the registrant chooses.